So I’m settling back into the city I love so much, and serving up a favorite recipe I’ve used for years while preparing meals for clients at home or on the road, or for myself in NYC. Enjoy!
The Manhattan Seven (Four for a girl:-))
I’ve made this Omelet for Nicole Kidman literally hundreds of times. It’s her absolute favorite choice for breakfast and I would make it for her in NYC, Los Angeles, Sydney, London or anywhere else we would travel. I’ve even made it on a hot plate in my Four Seasons Hotel bathroom in Washington DC… Welcome to David Janik’s Kitchen!!
Tomorrow morning, follow the recipe and treat yourself to a protein- and veggie-packed omelet created with the perfect combination: 5 egg whites and 2 whole eggs.
7 eggs for a man, four for a woman, mushrooms, red pepper, onions, salsa, Pam Olive Oil spray
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time:6 minutes
Total Time:11 minutes
1. Start with 2 nonstick pans and spray with Pam Olive Oil Spray
2. Slice veggies
3. Mix eggs in a bowl(5 whites/2 whole for a man, 3 whites/1 whole for a woman) I used Extra Large or jumbo eggs btw.
4. On medium to high heat for both pans, cook eggs and veggies separately for approx 3-4 mins.
5. Place approx. 1/4 ounce water on inside edge of pan with eggs to create steam and cover for 1 minute.(This helps cook the top of the eggs at the same time)
6. Place cooked veggies on one side of the egg omlet while still in the pan
7. Use a plastic spatula to flip the omelet, covering the veggies.
8. Garnish the top with remaining veggies and Salsa, and hot sauce on the side.
9. Serve to everyone delight!